Life over the weekend


The kids were feeling better (so we thought) so we went shopping on Saturday. We got some money back from taxes so we divided it up using an envelope system. We put some of it toward our emergency fund. We have been needing several things so we divided the rest up to cover those expenses. Our categories are towels, pots & pans, clothing, deck swing, tree removal, and Jim & Bridgett spending $$. We spent 4 hours shopping and it seemed like we didn't get much accomplished between bathroom breaks for all 3 kids. Anyway, we did end up getting some new clothes for the kids and some new towels. On Sunday I threw some of the new towels and clothes into the wash. What I didn't know was that James had a black crayon in his jeans pocket. Yikes was I upset when I saw all the new stuff covered with black spots! Last night I washed half the load in hot water, detergent, and goo gone. Today I washed them 3 more times and it seems like the spots are gone. Now I just have to do the other load 5 times. If anyone has a better suggestion, please let me know. If that was a test from God on patience, then I failed miserably. My brother reminded me that even Paul struggled with doing the right thing. We don't have to be discouraged when we do the wrong thing, just try harder the next time. Romans 7:18-19 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) dwelleth no good thing; for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good, I find not. For the good that I would do, I do not; but the evil which I would not do, that I do.

No comments: