I'm upset

Sorry but I'm going to go off today. Well no actually I am not sorry at all! I John 2:15 "Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world. The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever." After watching a couple of the superbowl ad online today, it made me upset to know that people actually enjoy this kind of thing. It is very sad to see worldliness creeping into places it ought not be. I John 4:5-6 "They are from the world; therefore they speak as from the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God; he who knows God listens to us; he who is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error." If you find yourself resisting these verses, as the verse above says, you probably have the spirit of error. I say these things only in love. If your house was burning to the ground I could not stand by and not say anything. How much more important is your eternal destiny? I am certainly not without sin and shame on me for that! But I am determined to stay heaven bound and do everything it takes to get there.

3 comments:

jlracine6 said...

Bridgett,

Those were good thoughts. Don't worry about what others think, they are true! Media Matters which isn't even a Christian organization that reviews books especially for kids in school sent a warning out this week. It was sent to parents beforehand about the Superbowl ads, and what would be shown. It is wrong, and yet this world loves sin, and lust, and evil. Have a blessed day!

Sarah S said...

Thanks, Its so much more than Super Bowl Ads. I am glad I took the time to come here just to read what you wrote, Dont worry about offending so much & Ill worry about it more :) (always a weak spot in my persoanlity)

Bridgett said...

Thanks for you comments. Yes it is much more than the Super Bowl ads, it is everywhere. That was just the last thing I saw that set me off. I am not worried about offending people when it comes to their souls.