Contentment (I sooo need these verses today!)

Proverbs 8:15 So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun.

1TI 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

Eccl 4:6 Better one handful with tranquillity than two handfuls with toil and chasing after the wind.

Eccl 9:9 Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun--all your meaningless days. For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome labor under the sun.

Little sleep, James throwing up again, the girls are bored, I need to get out of the house... On days like these when I am selfishly unhappy with my lot in life as a stay at home mom, these verses help. I especially like the last one that says life WILL BE meaningless sometimes, but I still need to be happy and enjoy it.

2 comments:

Venessa said...

Hope everyone is well soon!! It is so disappointing to have exciting plans and then nothing goes like you were planning. So sorry to hear you are having a tough day. I like the music you post on here. I am listening to Third Day now - I am so excited because Paul and I are going to a Third Day concert next month! Didn't plan on telling you that but the music just made me think of it. ( : Hope you have a good evening and life gets a little brighter for you!

Bridgett said...

Thanks Venessa. That is exciting about the concert! I have been wanting to go to a concert for a while but haven't really looked into any yet.Oh and your comment gave me a chuckle because of your hesitance to tell me about the concert. I don't wish bad days on anyone just because I am having one. So go to your concert and have fun with my blessing. =)