Responsibility chart


I had been searching in vain for a chore chart that fit our needs. Finally I just decided to make my own using Word. I laminated it and put magnetic strips on the back and they can use dry erase markers on it. I wanted a system in which they would be paid for doing certain chores so they can learn about money. And also a system that required them to be responsible to God and themselves for other things. They do their chores and mark them off, then at the end of the week are paid according to how they have done. For the responsibility part, we look up the verses, read them and ask how each one has done that week (including Jim & I). It makes me pretty sheepish to tell the kids that I have not done something as well as I should. For the money part we are using plastic cups bearing the names "give, save, and spend". We will be purchasing banks for them that have four compartments in them "give, save (for bigger purchases), invest (college, etc.), and spend". Anyway, it seems to work out pretty well.

2 comments:

martha said...

That looks really cool. We might have to do that. :)

Bridgett said...

Thanks Martha, I can email it to you if you want to use it for a base. For me it was frustrating to go from scratch because it took some time to figure out how to set it up. I was looking for something to use as a base chart but couldn't find anything suitable. That is when my husband suggested to make my own. I won't be offended if you just want to make your own either. I know that you and your sister are quite resourceful. Have a good day!