A nice boring weekend

It is fun going places and doing things, but once in a while it's nice to just have a stay at home weekend. Jim is making his own hammock and rain fly for the next canoe trip. So he worked on that this weekend. He is also making compression sacks to carry most of their gear. He has learned to use a sewing machine and the sack that he made already turned out well. I had a pretty good shopping trip on saturday and since I don't have much else to post I will post the details.
GROCERY
Total before coupons $100
Total after coupons $40
CVS
Total before coupons $80
Total after coupons $5
Total ECB's spent 0
Earned back 24 ecb's
Earned a profit of 19 extra bucks

3 comments:

Katie said...

I am very jealous. I would love to be saving that kind of money, our grocery costs aren't two hundred a week, but I don't think we spend $80 either. I would love to be able to save a little cash. Do you know anything about coupons for hotels? I have looked and looked and can't seem to find any deals unless you want to stay at the Marriot for ten bucks cheaper then you might have spent otherwise. Or we could just stay at Motel 6.

Bridgett said...

I don't know of any hotel coupons. I have gotten hotels pretty cheap from Priceline (name your own price), but you can't always get a great deal on there. Do you have supermarkets in Nikapol? Or do you just have open markets and smaller stores?

Katie said...

We have supermarkets, what alot of them do is you can get a card like a price chopper card and get about 4 percent off of your total. But that is as good as the sales get. Sometimes the market is actually more then the grocery store. We have a new grocery store going in down the street, and I think it is possible they might be cheaper then the one I go to now, but I have to wait for them to open. I will check out priceline. If we could save on the cost of hotels, that would be wonderful.