Jim's surgery

His surgery went as planned on Wednesday. For those of you reading our blog that don't know about his teeth. He lost his two front teeth when he was hit by a car as a child. He has been wearing a flipper (plastic piece with teeth attached) ever since. His surgery was to put permanent implants in place. I do have pictures but they are really not for the faint-hearted so I will not be posting them. They gave him some sedatives so he was sleeping for almost 24 hours. I thought I was going to have to have someone help me get him out of the car because I couldn't wake him up. Well I finally got him up and we stumbled into the house and he crashed on the couch. I just woke him up to take his medicine, but other than that he slept until Thursday. He started feeling better Thursday evening because he ended up doing more work on the deck. He will be getting his permanent teeth in a few month after the screws have time to fuse into the bone. Just like the song.."All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth."

2 comments:

Christine said...

Oh, Jim...I'm so glad the surgery went well. I wish it wasn't such an ordeal for you. I hope you feel better soon!

Katie said...

Good! Dad knocked out his two front teeth when he was a kid, and as he has gotten older his gums haven't been able to handle the implants. So Jim will have a nice pair of front teeth, especially since he is going to be a famous preacher some day! Haha Congratulations Jim. The deck looks very nice too.