A hard day


Yesterday was hard because I miscarried my baby. We ended up going to the emergency room after Jim got home from work. I had not yet seen an OB for this pregnancy so they told me to get seen in emergency. This was not my first choice because I knew it would be a long wait. We ended up being there from 6pm to 1am. We also had Julia with us because she will not go with anybody but me. She was so good the whole time even though she didn't sleep. In the end, the doctor said that I was in the middle of a miscarriage and had already lost the baby. I had pretty much expected that to be the case since early that morning. Thus yesterday was very emotional for us. Each one of my babies, however, has been a blessing to our lives even the two that we did not get to keep. It makes me see just how wonderful it is to be a child of God. He will always give me strength when I cannot make it on my own. I have read child loss poems from people who do not believe in God. To say the least, they are heart wrenching because they are full of despair, torment, and loneliness. That is not to say that we will not have grief and sadness as children of God, but through Him we have strength and hope. It reminds me of something James said the other day. My dad was talking to a woman from the store who had just lost her mother. He mentioned that I was expecting a child and somehow Matthew came up in the conversation. My dad told the woman that Matthew had passed on. James said, "Yes and now he is living in a better home".

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Bridgett,
You were on my mind all day yesterday and I prayed for you. I had no clue why until I looked at your blog last night after church and saw that your post were missing. I am sorry for your loss and will be praying for you and your family.
Love in Christ
Melissa

Christine said...

Dear Jim, Bridgett, James, Rachel and Julia,

I am so sorry for the loss of your child. I will be praying for you all. Please call me if there is anything I can do for.

We all love you all!

Christy said...

I'm thinking about you guys and praying for you. I tried calling today before I knew what had happened. I'll always remember your little Matthew and now this little one too. Please know I love you guys lots!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Bridgett. I am so sorry. I love what you said about the hope we have as children of God. Won't it be good to get to heaven and hold them in our arms?
Love you.
Tanager

Bridgett said...

Thank you all for your prayers and encouraging words. We appreciate it.