Outside projects

This past week I started quite a few new projects. I wish I had a before picture of the pit in our back yard. Anyway, we had this pit in our backyard from a HUGE apple tree that we took out. Jim is planning on building a big fire pit area down there. But due to the $$ it will take, it will probably have to wait a couple of years. Well to say the least, I got tired of seeing an ugly pit filled with rocks, leaves, weeds, and whatever else was in there. So I went to work clearing it out and making a temporary play area for the kids. The current picture is after a week of work, it is not done, but is much better than it was. It is taken from high up on our deck, that is why it looks so small. Maybe I will post pictures when it is done. I also cleared out under the deck which is where the swingset was located.

Another task that turned out to be very simple was removing this stump from the lawn. I thought it would be much harder that it was.


The other project that I started has made me kind of stressed out. I have no clue what to plant in front of our house. I wish that I had more experience with landscaping. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Although I will probably plant something this week.

No comments: