horses cont...






The kids had a blast riding the horses. Todd and Teresa were staying at my grandparents house during the rally. So we went to visit and the kids rode the horses. We had a scare as the kids were finishing up though. The horse James was riding must have been tired of carrying the kids around. Anyway, she bucked her head around and James fell off. God was watching out for him because he was right under the horse as she was prancing around. It was horrifying to watch and not be able to do anything. Well he ended up with a very slight black eye from hitting the ground and a bruise on his side where a hoof clipped him. And yes we did check for internal injuries around the bruise. Thank God it wasn't anything worse. We asked James if he wants to ride again and he says he will. But he wants the horse to walk and not trot.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I am glad he is all right. It looks like you all had fun. I wish I was able to be at the rally. It would have been nice to see Todd and Theresa.

Katie said...

wow! I wonder what was going through his head while the horse was stamping all around him!

By the way Happy birthday Julia!

Katie said...

Oh wait, I thought that was Jim. That would have been worse to watch your son underneath the horse, although I don't think I would have liked it either way.